The new EndNote X8 software is now available for install from the UT Southwestern Information Resources EndNote software support page. This upgrade has been anticipated for many Mac users with Sierra who have experienced downloading issues of X7.
An EndNote comparison chart of X8, X7, and X6 versions provides a comprehensive list of existing features along with new X8 additions that include:
- Sharing functions including a large increase in shared libraries
- Activity Feed with Shared Library member activity
- Learn when new members join the Shared Library
- Automation and full text management including Recently Added Group
- Automatically find and apply bulk reference updates
- Unified iconography across both Mac and Windows.
More information, resources, and news about EndNote can be found at the Library and Learning Center’s EndNote Portal. If you have a specific EndNote question, contact our EndNote experts by email or Ask Us form on the Library & Learning Center’s website. To schedule an individual or group training session, use the Request Training page.