“The Medical Library Association has declared October as National Medical Librarians Month to raise awareness of the important role of the health information professional,” said Kelly Gonzalez, MSIS, MBA, Assistant Vice President for Library Services. Library staff strive to support UT Southwestern Medical Center’s educational, research, and clinical missions through services, including the:
- Provision of a comprehensive digital collection of databases and resources
- Delivery of librarian-mediated searches in response to clinical and research inquiries
- Education of UT Southwestern Medical Center students, faculty, and staff on how to access/use electronic resources
- Archiving of the institution’s historical documents, photographs, etc.
- Collection, preservation, and distribution of UTSW electronic theses, dissertations, and archives in its institutional repository
For more information or to schedule training with a health sciences librarian, please contact us by completing the Ask Us form or call 214-648-2001.